Last updated on October 26, 2023
StockPick Technologies Inc. (the “StockPick”, “we”, “us”, “our” and terms of similar meaning) take your privacy rights very seriously. We are committed to transparently describing our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose (a) your personal or personally identifiable information or business information (if and as applicable); and (b) data we obtain from your activity on the Services (as defined below) as part of providing our Website available at www.stockpick.app (the “Website”) and our web-based and iOS and Android mobile applications (the “App”) (collectively, “Services”).
All capitalized terms or terms that were otherwise defined in the Terms that are not otherwise defined herein obtain their meaning from the Terms, including, without limitation, the definition of “you” and “your” used in the Terms.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
- On the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and StockPick.
- 2. What Information We Collect
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, including the following:
- Your Profile Information. When registering for a User Account or as you access or use the Services, from time to time, you give us information including your username, password, date of birth, email address and/or telephone number, information you disclose in your user profile, and your profile photograph. Where possible, we indicate which information is required and which information is optional.
- User Content and Behavioural Information. We process the content you generate and view on the Services, including preferences you set, photographs, audios and videos you upload or create, and comments you make (“User Content”). We also collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services as well as regarding your use of the Services, e.g., how you engage with the Services, including how you interact with content, the ads you view, videos you watch and problems encountered, the content you like, the Users you follow and how you engage with mutual followers. We also infer your preferences, including your interests, gender and age for the purpose of personalizing content. We process information about your followers, the likes you receive and responses to your User Content, for the purposes of promoting your User Content to other Users. Where appropriate, we will also use this information for the purpose of serving personalized advertising and to tell you about new services and opportunities.
- Payment and Banking Information. When you provide a credit/debit card, payment method or banking information through your User Account, these payment details will be shared with our third- party payment processor(s). We do not store credit/debit card, payment method or banking information on our servers.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Users accessing a specific App or Website feature or Services.
- Technical information, including your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services (e.g. device identifier and features, operating system, or your mobile carrier), and usage details. In addition, where you log in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices. We may also associate you with information collected from devices other than those you use to log in to the Services.
- Non-personal details about your interactions with the Services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Services (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Location. We use location services made available online by other platforms, which allow location-based applications and websites, like our App and Website, to use data from internet service providers, cellular, Wi-Fi and Global Positioning System (GPS) networks to determine your approximate location. We use location services to facilitate the ordinary operation of the Services, including tracking the location of Users and displaying that Data to other Users in order to facilitate relevant communications through the Services.
- Information from Third Parties. If you are able to and do sign up for a User Account using a Third-Party Provider Account, we may also get basic Information from your Third-Party Provider Account profile for which you have approved our access, which may include your name, gender, profile photo and/or connections, depending on the permissions you grant.
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, including the following:
- 3. How We Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us via the Website, the App, by email, or otherwise in the Services.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
When you use the Services, download, register with, or use this App or Website, we may ask you to provide:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms available through the Services. This includes information you provide when creating a User Account, posting User Content and/or otherwise using the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Services.
- You may also post User Content (as defined in the Terms). You post and transmit User Content to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your User Account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Content.
- Details of your visits to the App and the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages available through the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- 4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information in the following ways:
- To present our Services, as defined in the Terms, to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that we offer or you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To improve, promote and develop our Services.
- To provide you with user support, communicate with you and administer the Services, including troubleshooting.
- To personalize the User Content and StockPick Content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you.
- To enable you to share User Content and interact with other Users.
- To enable our messenger service to function.
- To help us detect and combat abuse, harmful activity, fraud, spam, and illegal activity on the Services.
- To ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services.
- To enable you to socialize on the Services, for example, by allowing other Users to identify you.
- To ensure that you are old enough to use our Services.
- To provide you with personalized advertising.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- If you sign up for our referral program, to enable you to participate in it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To facilitate payment transactions.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- 5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of StockPick’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by StockPick about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Your User Content will be visible to anyone through the Services and may also be accessed or shared by other Users as well as third parties such as search engines, content aggregators and news sites.
If you choose to register to use the Services using your social network account details (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Apple), you will provide us or allow your social network to provide us with your phone number, email address, username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with the relevant social network such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL. If you choose to allow a third-party service to access your User Account, we will share certain information about you with the third party. Depending on the permissions you grant, the third party may be able to obtain your account information and other information you choose to provide.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of StockPick, our Users, or others.
- 6. Transferring Your Personal Information
You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about our policies regarding service providers outside of Canada.
By submitting your Personal Information or engaging with the Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
- 7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Deleting your Content and Account. You can access and edit most of your profile information by signing into the App and/or the Website. You can delete the User Content you uploaded. Should you choose to do so, you may delete your entire account in Settings.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the us to promote products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Information or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email.
- 8. Data Security
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
- 9. Data Retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de- identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
- 10. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the Personal Information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your Personal Information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the Personal Information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your Personal Information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your Personal Information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their Personal Information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Team at email@example.com.
- 11. Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
- 13. Contact Information and Challenging Compliance